The star child Sonam Kapoor was born on 9th June 1985, in suburb of Chembur, Mumbai. She was ‘naughty’ and ‘carefree’ child. Her best features are smile, style and her attitude. Her family and friends call her by ‘Sana’ and ‘Sonz’. Her favorite activities are reading, writing, painting, shopping, video games, basket ball and squash.
Weight: 57 Kg
Body Figure: 33-25-34
Family & Education
- Sonam belongs to established film family. Her father is legendary actor as well as producer, Anil Kapoor. Her mother is Sunita Kapoor, who is a costume designer in the films.
- She has one sister who is Rhea Kapoor and a brother Harshvardhan Kapoor.
- Film maker Boney Kapoor and actor Sanjay Kapoor are her uncle. Actors Arjun Kapoor and Ranveer Singh are her cousin brothers. She is a granddaughter of Surinder Kapoor.
- Sonam completed her schooling in Arya Vidya Mandir, in Juhu.
- She trained in Kathak, Classical Music and Latin Dance.
- She joined the United World College of South East Asia, Singapore to study theatre and arts.
- She has also done a correspondence course of economics and political science through University of Mumbai.
Sonam Kapoor has earned fame and success in a very short time. She Said: “I don’t want to be the biggest superstar. I want to be good at my job, and I want my work to go down in posterity. I am working for the longevity of my career.”
- Sonam began her career as an assistant director in the film ‘Black’ (2005), which was directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali.
- In 2007, she made her debut film ‘Sawariya’, opposite another debutant Ranbeer Kapoor.
- She lost around 35 kgs before the movie, as she was 90 kgs before she started acting.
- Even though none of her films went well in the box office accept for the films ‘Raanjhanaa’ and ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’, her performance was appreciated by the film critics.
Her filmography include Sawariya (2007); Delhi 6 (2010); Aisha (2010); I hate Love Stories (2011); Mausam (2011); Thank you (2012); Players (2012); Bhaag Milkha Bhaag (2013); Bewakufiyan (2014); Raanjhanaa (2014); Khoobsurat (2015); Prem Ratan Dhan Payo (2015); Dolly ki Doli (2016); and Neerja (2016). And her upcoming film is Veere Di Wedding (2017).
Sonam says about herself: “In my personal life, I have always been bold, from the clothes I wear to how I talk. For me, boldness does not necessarily mean stripping. I think people have wrong notion about boldness. For me, bold is being different.”
- Sonam Kapoor had been in relation with Ranbeer Kapoor when shooting for their first film ‘Saawariya’. Both were spotted in many events hanging out together.
- Their first film was unsuccessful, and Ranbeer Kapoor left her behind.
- After breaking up with Ranbeer, Sonam started dating entrepreneur Sahir Berry. Sahir had to spend his time between Delhi, Goa and London, they call it a distance relation. But they distance relation didn’t work, and they call off.
- She once admitted that: “When I get into relationships, I’m an all-or-nothing person. I just completely give in to the person. It becomes my first priority in life; family, friends and career follow.”
- In 2010, Sonam Kapoor got closed with the director Punit Malhotra, who was directed the Sonam’s film ‘I Hate Love Stories’. Their love story lasted for two years. Rumors were that they both felt they had outgrown the relationship.
Sonam speaks about her preferences in choosing her partner: “I don’t like men who treat women like arm candies. He should treat me like an equal or better. And then he should be a good human being. He should see the human side of things. I like men who stand up for what’s right and who don’t cheat.”
- Sonam says she is still good friend of her ex-boyfriends.
- Sonam’s best friends are considered to be an actress Rani Mukerji and an actor Dhanush.
Sonam’s Fitness and Beauty Secrets
Sonam’s fitness trainer is Zarine Watson, She became well known for her weight loss preceding her debut film ‘Sawariya’. She says: “I feel cardiovascular exercises work best for me in combination with weight training.”
- Each day of the week, she works on particular body part, such as abdomen, arms, shoulders, and waist.
- She also practices Bharat Thakur Power Yoga.
- In summers, she prefers to swim as much as she can.
“Think right, eat right, be happy, content and feel beautiful from within as that is what reflects on your face” says the beautiful diva.
- Sonam gets a regular facial by Dr. Richa Seth, which she believes to do wonders to her skin.
- She always makes sure to apply sunscreen lotion with SPF 45, before going out.
- She also drinks coconut water every 2-3 hours to keep her skin in a great condition.
- For hair care, Sonam uses moisturizing mask, and give a regular oil massage to her hair.