A rising star from modeling to acting career and from silver screen to the Big screen, Yami Gautam was born on 28th November, 1988, in Bilaspur, in the state of Himachal Pradesh. She made her initial appearance in television serials and commercials. She is very fond of reading, listening to music and decorating home.
- Height: 5’4”
- Weight: 50 Kg
- Figure Measurement: 33-25-33
Education & Family
Yami was born in Himachal Pradesh, but her family had shifted to Chandigarh, thus she raised in Chandigarh and received her education. She used to be extremely shy, timid and studious.
- She did her schooling and after that she enrolled in for graduation in Law Honors.
- For acting career, she left her full tie studies and moved to Mumbai.
- She has aspired to become IAS when she was young.
- Later she completed her part time graduation in Mumbai.
Yami is half Punjabi and half pahari as her father is from Punjab and her mother is from Himachal Pradesh.
- Yami’s father Mukesh Gautam is a Punjabi film director and also a vice president of the famous Punjabi channel PTC. Her mother’s name is Anjali Gautam.
- She has a younger sister Surilie Gautam, who is an actress in Punjabi films.
- Yami is in a live-in relationship with her co actor Pulkeet Samrat. Who is a married to Salman Khan’s Rakhi sister Shweta Rohira.
- They both confessed about their love and Shweta Rohira blames Yami Gautam for her broken married life.
- At the age of 20, Yami moved to Mumbai and started her acting career by television debut ‘Chand Ke Paar Chalo’.
- Following by her nest few serials, she notably acted in all her projects.
- She appeared in several commercials such as Fair & Lovely, Cornetto, Samsung Mobile, Chevrolet and many more.
- A talented B town girl, Yami constantly receives appreciation for her acting in the films.
- She made her Debut in Bollywood by the film ‘Vicky Donor’, co starred with an actor Ayushmaan Khurrana. For this film she won the IIFA Award star of the Year – Female.
- Yami has worked in films of six different languages like Hindi, Kannada, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam.
She did few television shows such as Chand Ke Paar Chalo (2008); Raajkumar Aaryyan (2008); Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam (2009); Meethi Choori No 1 (2010) and Kitchen Champion Season 1 (2010).
Yami’s Best Films are Ullasa Utsaha – Kannada (2010); Ek Noor – Punjabi (2011); Nuvvila – Telugu (2011); Vicky Donor – Hindi (2012); Hero – Malayalam (2012); Gouravam – Tamil, Telugu (2013); Yuddham – Telugu (2013); Total Siyappa – Hindi (2014); Action Jackson – Hindi (2014); Badlapur – Hindi (2015); Courier Boy Kalyan – Telugu (2015); Sanam Re – Hindi (2016); Junooniyat – Hindi (2016); and Tamilselvanum Thaniyar Anjalum – Tamil (2016). Her upcoming films are Kaabil (2017) and Sarkar 3 (2017).
Yami says about her upcoming film ‘Sarkar 3’, “This is the first time I am working in a franchise, so it’s very special. The audience will get to see me in a new avatar, and I am excited to begin the shoot of the film.”
- 5th Boroplus Gold Awards – Rising Film Stars From TV- 2012
- BIG Star Entertainment Awards – Most Entertaining Actor (Film) Debut – Female – 2012
- Zee Cine Awards – Best Female Debut – 2013
- IIFA Awards – Star Debut of the Year – Female – 2013
Yami’s Diet, Fitness & Beauty Secrets
- To maintain her body figure, pretty girl Yami always consider protein in her intakes.
- She always drinks pomegranate juice and banana shakes on a daily basis.
- To fulfill her body’s protein needs, she eats eggs, chicken and fish daily.
- For quick snacks, she prefers almonds and fresh fruits.
For Yami’s body fitness, she never skip gym visit. She said: “I jog for 20 minutes and do hot yoga for 90 minutes every alternate day—yoga is my secret to healthy, glowing skin.”
- She believes in jogging to calm her mind and body effectively.
- Beautiful Yami performs yoga and takes TRX Training, which she believes to build her endurance, strengthens cores and makes her more stable.
For her beauty, Yami says: “I’m a believer in home-made recipes and concoctions, so I stick to natural or herbal products as much as I can. I also meditate regularly to de-stress.”