One of the established models, actress and beauty pageant enthusiast, Urvashi Rautea was born on 25th February, 1994 in Kotdwar. It is very small town in the Pauri Garhwal District of the state of Uttarakhand. She has won several crowns as well. She is a good basketball player and she has also played at the national level.
- Height: 5’8”
- Weight: 57 Kg
- Figure Measurement: 33-25-35
Education & Family
- Urvashi did her schooling at DAV School, Kotdwar.
- While in school, she had participated many beauty shows and pageants at the age of 15.
- She had planned to do engineering and appeared in IIT exams too. However she got more inclined towards fashion and film industries due to her participation in beauty contests.
- She completed her graduation at Delhi University.
- She learned acting from New York Film Academy’s School of Film and Acting Talents.
- She is a trained dancer in Bharatnatyam, Kathak, Ballet, Contemporary Belly, Hip Hop and Broadway Jazz.
Urvashi was raised in Kotdwar, and she feels pride by addressing herself as ‘Pahari’ of ‘Uttarakhandi’.
- Her father Manav Rautela is a successful businessman in Kotdwar.
- Her mother Meera Rautela is owner of a famous beauty salon.
- She has a younger brother Yashraj Rautela.
Urvashi is currently a single and not dating anyone.
She believes: “I don’t believe in hiding anything secretly. Whenever I will start dating anyone I will surely be sharing it along with my fans first. But currently I am single.”
- Urvashi started her career in 2012, when she won the Miss Universe India 2012.
- She made her steps into the Bollywood industry.
- Her first film in Bollywood was ‘Singh Saab The Great’ featured with superstar Sunny Deol, in 2013.
- She appeared in famous singer Yo Yo Honey Singh’s video album ‘Love Dose’ in 2014.
- She continues to work her best in the Bollywood, and wants to do work at international level.
- She also has worked in Kannada and Bengali films.
Urvashi has won the numbers of titles in the entire beauty pageants around the world.
- Miss Teen India – 2009 (Miss Beautiful Smile, Miss Beautiful Skin, Miss Beautiful Body)
- Miss Asian Supermodel in India – 2011
- Miss Tourism Queen of the Year International India – 2011
- Miss Tourism Queen of The Year International World – 2011
- Miss Universe India – 2012 (I Am She & Miss Photogenic)
- Yamaha Fascino Miss Diva – 2015
- According to FHM 2014, Urvashi is one of the 100 sexiest women in the world.
Filmography include Singh Saab The Great (2013) (Hindi Debut); Airavata (2015) (Kannada Debut); Sanam Re (2016); Great Grand Masti (2016); and Kaabil (Upcoming in 2017). Her video albums are Love Dose – Yo Yo Honey Singh (2014); Laal Dupatta – Mika Singh & Anupama Raag (2016) and Gal Ban Gayi – Yo Yo Honey Singh (2016).
Apart from acting and modeling, Urvashi is active in humanitarian work as well.
- She works with ‘WhateverItTakes.org’ along with many Hollywood superstars to raise funds and support charitable projects in the world.
- She also supports ‘Save The Cow’ Campaign.
- She has founded her own foundation called ‘Urvashi Rautela Foundation’ to help the needy people with their education, health and basic necessities.
Urvashi’s Diet, Fitness & Beauty Secrets
- The stunning Diva has been blessed with flawless skin and a perfect skin tone with no marks or pimples at all.
- She always uses natural and organic beauty products.
- The actress ensures to drink tons of water for her sparkling skin.
- She believes in dancing to lose weight as compared to any other forms of exercise. She believes that it can be fun and it’s not even a painful weight-loss process.
- The gorgeous girl performs yoga as well, for twice a week. Yoga keeps her body more flexible and healthy.
- Urvashi is not exactly a gym person; she goes to the gym four times in a week. She does weight lifting and stretching. She uses treadmill to for an hour.
- She prefers home cooked food for lunch, she never have outside meals for lunch.
- She believes that yoga and exercises are the best way to maintaining a perfect body.