A former erotica actress, a model, a business woman and currently she is a hottest Bollywood actress, Sunny Leone was born on 13th May, 1981, in Ontario, Canada. She was born into a sikh family settled in Canada. Her real name is Karenjit Kaur Vohra. She got her name as Leone from former Penthouse magazine owner. She is called as ‘Karen’ by her friends and family, is fond of reading, abstract painting and horse riding.
- Height: 5’4”
- Weight: 54 Kg
- Figure Measurement: 38-24-36
Education & Family
- Sunny completed her schooling in a catholic school, in 1999.
- After that she studied about Pediatrics.
A Punjabi girl has a dual citizenship of USA and Canada as well. Her family moved to America after few years from her birth. Both her parents were basically from India.
- Her father was a Tibetan and brought to India, and her was mother was from Himachal Pradesh.
- Unfortunately her mother died in the year of 2008 when she was very young. And also her father died in 2010 due to cancer.
- She has a younger brother Sundeep Vohra.
- In her childhood, Leone was like an athlete and loved to play with boys in her school. She lost her virginity at the very young age of 16. And at the age of 18, she discovered that she was a Bisexual.
- Sunny had a relationship with Chris Angel, the American magician and illusionist.
- She was engaged to Matt Erikson, who is vice-president of marketing at Playboy Enterprises. They broke up in 2008.
- After that, she briefly in romantically involved with Russell Peters, a stand-up comedian.
- She also had several girlfriends who all were erotica actresses.
- She had gone through many relationships but currently she has tied the knot with Daniel Weber, who was her manager. She said, “I would have been nothing if Daniel wasn’t by my side.”
- Sunny got married on 20th January, 2011.
She thinks about her religion: “It’s a community-based religion. You walk into a temple and you’re greeted with the utmost respect… But, just like any religion it doesn’t want you to shoot adult material. I mean, I grew up going to temple every Sunday. When my parents found out they knew my personality which was very independent. Even if they tried to stop me or tried to steer me the right way they would have lost their daughter. I’m too headstrong. And it wasn’t a plan. It just happened and my career and everything just kept getting bigger and bigger.”
- Sunny loves the dogs too much. She also posed for PETA ad campaign. She said: “I believe that every single dog should be spayed and neutered. You don’t want to continue the cycle of homeless dogs or cats. And spaying and neutering also keeps them healthy.”
World’s top erotica star worked at a German Bakery as well as a Tax and Retirement Firm before entering to the erotica industry.
- At the age of 19, Sunny entered into erotica industry; however, her family was not happy with her decision.
- Apart from being an actress, she is also a director and producer. She has directed 42 adult films and starred in 41 of them.
- Sunny then appeared in the Indian popular show ‘Bigg Boss’ 2011. And afterwards she entered into Bollywood industry through the actor Salman Khan.
- She made her debut film ‘Jism 2’ in 2012, and she had been approached for that in the ‘Bigg Boss’ house when the filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt briefly entered into the house.
She said: Yes, I do feel like an outsider in the film fraternity. But I feel I’ve been accepted by my fans.
Adding: Right now my whole focus is in Bollywood and nothing else. I believe I have been given the opportunity of a lifetime and I plan to keep my focus and energy here till the fans want me. If it wasn’t for my past I would not be who I am. I am not ashamed of it because it has brought me here to India. If I came here as the way I me with no entertainment experience than I would not be as popular as I am today with the public.
- Sunny also has worked in few Hollywood films as well.
- She has participated in My Bare Lady 2: Open for Business in 2008 and in Bigg Boss 5 in 2011.
- She also hosted several shows such as Hunted Weekends with Sunny Leone, Splitsvilla: Season 7 and 8.
After taking retirement from erotica industry, she said: “I am lucky that the audience is accepting me. I have come my way from there (erotica industry). I don’t have any plans as of now to go back there.”
Sunny’s Bollywood Films are Jism 2 (2012); Shootout at Wadala (2013); Jackpot (2013); Ragini MMS 2 (2014); Ek Paheli Leela (2015); Kuch Kuch Locha Hai (2015); Singh is Bling (2015); Mastizaade (2016); One Night Stand (2016); and Beiimaan Love (2016).
Other than these films, Sunny Leone has appeared in special songs as well as made special appearance in few Bollywood films. She also has performed in Tamil and Kannada Films.
Sunny’s Hollywood Films
The Girl Next Door (2004); Pirate’s Blood (2008); and The Virginity Hit (2010)
Sunny Leone is very much interested in being healthy and fit. She keeps her body in shape by working out as much as she can. She try to eat healthy, lots of vegetables, and drinks milk every day.