Country’s one of the most attractive celebrities, Katrina Kaif born as Katrina Turquotte (her mother’s surname), in 16th July, 1983. A British Indian actress and former model was born in Hong Kong, she and her family lived in many countries before she moved to India. She is being called by several nicknames such as Kat, Katy, Katz and Sambo.
- Height: 5’8”
- Weight: 62 Kg
- Figure Measurement: 34-26-34
Family & Education
- Katrina’s mother, Suzanne Turquotte is an English Lawyer and Charity Worker. Her father, Mohammad Kaif is a British Businessman of Kashmiri Indian decent.
- Katrina has seven siblings, three elder sisters, three younger sisters and an elder brother.
- When she was a child, her parents divorced. She and all her siblings were raised by her mother.
- Kaif stated in a 2009 in an interview: “When I see friends who have wonderful fathers who are like pillars of support for their families, I say, if only I had that. But instead of complaining, I should be grateful for all the other things I have”.
- They moved to China, then to Japan, then France by boat, then Switzerland, then many East European countries, then Poland, then they went to Belgium, after that Hawaii for a short period of time and then they came down to London.
- Eventually Katrina works in India on an employment visa.
- Because of frequent relocation, Katrina and her siblings were home schooled by various tutors.
- The biggest mega star started her career in the age of fourteen only, when she won a beauty contest in Hawaii. After that she received modeling assignments for Jewelry Campaign.
- Then she was flooded with more modeling assignments and started her modeling career in London.
- When moving to India, she worked for photographer Atul Kasbekar and did commercials for Fevicol, Lakme and Veet among others.
- The beautiful lady made a debut film Boom in 2003 featured with veteran actor Amitabh Bachchan. It was erotic Hindi English movie, failed critically and commercially.
- Katrina appeared in a pop music video called ‘Ballywood’ by Nitin Bali.
- She also acted in a couple of Malayalam as well as Telugu movies in her initial years, which gave her recognition.
- After few years, she worked in the film Namastey London, opposite Akshay Kumar and it was a big hit in box office in 2007. Then, the actress worked in numerous films, which were mostly blockbusters.
- She also performed in popular item songs of big budget films like ‘Zara Zara Touch Me’ from Race, ‘Sheila Ki Jawani’ from Tees Maar Khan and ‘Chikni Chameli’ from Agneepath.
- Katrina worked in the last film directed by the legendary filmmaker Yash Chopra, ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’, she said: “He undoubtedly is the king of romance and I have always admired the way he presents his heroines. It was always a dream to work with him and the reality is even better”
Generally, Katrina refuses to speak about her personal life in the media. She had linked up to two Bollywood actors so far; Salman Khan and Ranbeer Kapoor. Kat has been controversies first child. Her statement on her life was: “My relationship with Salman Khan is too personal to talk about. I take my work like any other regular job and what I do in my personal life is no one’s business. I’d rather let my work do all the talking.”
- The relationship with Salman Khan started in 2003, called her first serious relationship. She credits him for giving her confidence and guidance: He’s had a huge role in my career. There’s no doubt about that. I value his opinion. But as a person, Salman has had the biggest impact on my life. I became friends with him when I was young. And his persona is very strong. If I were to look back and see his impact on my life, it’s been tremendous.
- They both broke up in 2010, but still they remain friends, and she got close to her co-star Ranbeer Kapoor, during the shooting of ‘Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani’.
- They both never confessed about their relations till their personal images of trip to Ibiza leaked by Stardust. She late acknowledged an actor Ranbeer Kapoor as “an extremely important part of her life”.
- In February 2016, both had confirmed about their break up.
- Katrina considers the director Kabir Khan as her best friend in her life.
- Katrina is currently single, and she is hunting for another guy.
Katrina’s Best Movies are Boom (2003); Malliswari (2004) (Telugu); Sarkar (2005); Maine Pyar Kyun Kiya (2005); Allari Pidugu (2005) (Telugu); Balram vs. Tharadas (2006) (Malayalam); Namastey London (2007); Partner (2007); Welcome (2007); Race (2008); Singh is King (2008); New York (2009); Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani (2009); Raajneeti (2010); Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara (2011); Mere Brother Ki Dulhan (2011); Ek Tha Tiger (2012); Jab Tak Hai Jaan (2012); Dhoom 3 (2013); Bang Bang (2014); and Baar Baar Dekho (2016). Her upcoming movies include Jagga Jasoos (2017) and Tiger Zinda Hai (2017)
More about Katrina Kaif
- Apart from films in India, Katrina is also involved with Relief Projects in the nation. She works for a charitable trust run by her mother to prevent female infanticide.
- Katrina was chosen as the ‘Face of the Year’ for the Lakme India Fashion Week in 2005.
- The stunning actress was the most Googled Indian Celebrity in 2008, 2009 as well as 2010.
- In 2010, with musician A.R.Rahman, she was a part of the album called ‘Rhymeschool’, and raised the fund to built a school in Madurai.
- The first Bollywood actress who have a Bearbir Doll crafted image is beautiful doll Katrina Kaif.