A successful and confident ‘Queen’ of Bollywood, Kangana Ranaut is a small town girl, born in 23th March, 1987, in Bhambla, Himachal Pradesh. Kangana brought up into small and simple family which has not any connection with bollywood industries. The most fashionable actress is best known for her honest opinions in public. Her hobbies are cooking, listening to music (especially pop) and yoga.
- Height: 5’7”
- Weight: 53 Kg
- Figure Measurement: 34-24-34
Kangana’s childhood was simple and happy; she was stubborn and rebellious in her early age though. She did her schooling in Dehradun.
- Kangana studied in DAV’s High School, where she had participated in many debates and elocutions.
- She was a good basket ball player in her school team.
- She also attended a Science College in Shimla for few months.
- After that, she arrived in New Delhi to become a model and joined Elite Modeling Agency in 2003.
- An actress is the best Kathak Dancer.
- She is learning singing from Amitabh Chakraborty.
- These days, Kangana is learning the French language.
Family & Personal Life
- Kangana is a daughter of Amardeep Ranaut and Asha Ranaut. Her father is a businessman and a mother is a school teacher.
- She has an elder sister Rangoli and a younger brother Akshit.
- A family of Kangana lives in Mandi, Himachal Pradesh.
Kangana had been in several relationships and controversies related to her relations with her co stars in Bollywood industry.
- Kangana had a relation with UK based Nicholas Lafferty.
- In her early period in film industry, she had an affair with an actor Aditya Pancholi, against whom an actress claimed that he allegedly raped her.
- At times, Kangana was in hot news when she rejected the proposal to endorse fairness cream brand. She reasoned: “Ever since I was a kid, I have never understood the concept of fairness. Especially, in such a case, as a celebrity, what kind of an example would I be setting for younger people? I have no regrets about turning this offer down. As a public figure, I have responsibilities,”
- Kangana was also in serious relationship with co-star Adhyayan Suman, and their bitter breakup were in news because of her boyfriend’s shocking statements.
- After then, the actress was linked up to Barbara Mori’s brother Kintaro Mori, after the movie Kites.
- It is rumored that she had a relation with co-star Hrithik Roshan when he was still married to Sussane Khan, and started dating the actress while Krish 3 Shooting.
- Now, she is facing a huge legal fight going on with Hrithik Roshan, for stating him ‘silly ex’ in an interview. Then the personal mails between them also leaked in the media.
- Currently the beautiful small town girl is single and not in a mood to get into relationships.
- Kangana was not sure about her career, as she thought to become a doctor. However, she then joined Asmita Theater Group and started her career as a theater artist. She did several theater plays too.
- After that she joined Asha Chandra’s course in 2004.
- Kangana made her debut film ‘Gangster’ in 2005. For which she earned few awards for best acting in a movie.
- Apart from Bollywood, she experimented her acting skill in a Telugu film Ek Niranjana, and she proved a best in that too.
- She did signature role in the film Queen, which was female centered movie. She achieved a National Film Award for Best Actress for the movie.
- A beautiful doll, Kangana was also awarded the Indian of the Year 2015 in Special Achievement Female Category. She said: “The award means a lot. The year 2016 has been really low but this has given me a high.”
- Kangana has given many hit films throughout her career in Bollywood industry and she is proving the best acting skill.
Kangana’s Best Movies include Gangster (2006); Life…In a Metro (2007); Fashion (2008); Lamhe; Once Upon a Time in Mumbai (2010); Tanu Weds Manu (2011); Krrish 3 (2013); Queen (2014); and Tanu Weds Manu Returns (2015)
Upcoming Films and Projects
- Rani Laxmibai
- Kangana is working on her own production and directorial debut in Engish Language short film ‘The Touch’. She was also co writer with Australian writer.
Fitness and Beauty Secrets
A gorgeous Diva says: “Beauty is endless and can be enhanced with various means”.
- Kangana was practicing vegetarianism, and also made a position in a list of the Top Sexiest Vegetarians.
- Kangana’s daily skin care routine includes cleansing, scrubbing, toning and moisturizing.
- She also takes special care for her curly and bouncy hair.
- Leena Mogre is the fitness guru of Kangana.
- Kangana believes in well balanced diet and doesn’t give importance to gain much weight.
- She follows mix of power yoga, kick boxing and gym session on a regular basis.