A well known actress, model and even producer, Anushka Sharma is one of the hottest girls in the film industry. A beautiful lady was born on 1st May, 1988, in Ayodhya, in the state of Uttar Pradesh. Her family and friends call her Anu and Nushie. She is fond of dancing, travelling as well as shopping.
- Height: 5’9”
- Weight: 56 Kg
- Figure Measurement: 34-24-34
Family & Education
- Anushka is a daughter an army officer Ajay Kumar Sharma and Ashima Sharma, who is a homemaker.
- She has an elder brother Karnesh Sharma, who is a film producer. Earlier he served in the Merchant Navy.
- In 2012, Anushka said: “I take pride in saying that I am an army officer’s daughter even more than being an actor.”
- Anushka brought up in Bangalore, and she studied at the Army School.
- She graduated a degree of Arts from Mount Carmel College. And then she moved to Mumbai to pursuing a modeling as a career.
- According to Anushka she originally wished to pursue her career in modeling world. That’s why she began her modeling at the Lakme Fashion Week as a model.
- After that she did campaigns for several brands.
- Her first break in acting role was in Aditya Chopra’s ‘Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi’ featured with the super star Shah Rukh Khan, in 2008. The film was huge success and her performance was also appreciated.
- After her first big hit film, she worked in several films.
- Now she has turned into producing as well. She also had produced a film ‘NH10’ under her home banner Clean Slate Films.
- Anushka has won many awards for her best performances in her films.
- Earlier Anushka Sharma had her first affair with Model Zoheb Yusuf, and their relationship lasted 2 years.
- After that she met actor Ranveer Singh, whom she met in her shooting of second bollywood film ‘Band Baaja Baaraat’. However, she later said: “I never dated Ranveer Singh.”
- After that she was linked up with the actors Ranbir Kapoor, then Shahid Kapur, then with the cricketer Suresh Raina, and an actor Arjun Kapoor.
- After so many links up, in 2013, she then met a cricketer Virat Kohli in a commercial shooting. They got closed to each other and their romance lasted two years. Now it is said that it’s all over between the two.
Anushka’s Fimography include Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi (2008); Badmash Company (2010); Band Baaja Baaraat (2010); Patiala House (2011); Ladies Vs Rickey Bahl (2011); Jab Tak Hai Jaan (2012); Matru Ki Bijli ka Mandola (2013); PK (2014); NH10 (2015); Bombay Velvet (2015); Dil Dhadakne Do (2015); and Sultan (2016).
Upcoming Films of Anushka Sharma
- Her upcoming film ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’ starrer Ranbir Kapoor and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, releasing on 28th October, 2016.
- Anushka has completed her next production film ‘Phillauri’, featured with Diljit Dosanjh and Suraj Sharma.
- She has started shooting of Imtiaz Ali’s entitled ‘The Ring’, with the third collaboration with actor Shah Rukh Khan.
Off-Screen Work of Anushka
- Apart from acting, Anushka supports numbers of charities and causes.
- Bollywood’s Hottest Vegetarian Celebrity Anushka Sharma started practicing vegetarianism in 2015.
- She supports the education of India’s young girls as part of NDTV’s “Our Girls, Our Pride”.
- In 2014, she also raised her voice to support animals rights in social media.
- In 2016, she supported India’s first transgender band, the 6 Pack Band.
Anushka’s Fitness and Beauty Secrets
- She feels Dance is the best form of cardio workout.
- To keep her mind calm and peaceful, she practices meditation both in the morning as well as going to bed.
- She also enjoys walking or jogging.
She says: “My hair is quite healthy. Since I have a contract with Sunsilk they do all the protein treatments for me. The hair pack that they apply makes my hair healthy.”
- She regularly massages her hair with coconut oil before washing them.
She feels: “I am blessed with very good skin, but because of the damage from all the makeup I apply and pollution I wash my face regularly. I drink lots of water and try to be happy.”
- For her skin, she uses sunscreen lotion, creamy cleanser and good moisturizer. She also applies a neem face pack to detoxify her face.