‘I don’t consider myself a star, but an achiever’, that’s what she believes, A winner of the Miss World Pageant, Priyanka Chopra is a popular actor-singer of Bollywood, born on 18th July, 1982 in Jamshedpur, Bihar. Mimi, Sunshine, PC and Piggy Chops are the nicknames which people love to call.
Priyanka says: “I adore watching movies; movie marathons are my favorite pastime. I can watch up to five movies back to back. I also love music and like reading whenever I get the time.”
She also believes in herself, as she said: “I learned to carry myself with confidence that’s how you make the best impression on people.”
- Height: 5’6”
- Weight: 55 Kg
- Figure Measurement: 34-25-35
Education & Family
The Bollywood Icon’s education qualification is 12th Std. She couldn’t complete her graduation because of her early age success and back to back achievements.
- Priyanka started her schooling in Lucknow, then she went to Bareily and after that she went for further studies to USA in the age of thirteen.
- In USA, Priyanka participated in Theatre productions and also learned western classical music, choral music and Kathak Dance.
- She came back to India after three years, and joined the Army Public School in Bareilly.
- In 2000, she decided to compete in Femina Miss India Pageant.
- She wanted to become a software engineer or a criminal psychologist. She enrolled in college, but couldn’t study further after winning the Miss World Title in 2000.
- The beauty Diva is an eldest daughter of late Mr. Ashok Chopra and Mrs. Madhu Chopra, both were physicians in the Indian Army. She has a brother, Siddharth who is seven years younger to her.
- Priyanka was the closest to her father, who died in 2013. She also got a tattoo reading ‘Daddy’s lil girl’ in his handwriting.
- Priyanka Chopra is a cousin sister of Parineeti Chopra, Meera Chopra and Barbie Handa, who are Bollywood actresses too.
- Priyanka has been romantically linked up with several co stars, such as Assem Merchant, Akshay Kumar, Harman Baweja, Shah Rukh Khan and Shahid Kapoor.
- She also has fallen into many controversies and rumors, which include alleged affair with Akshay Kumar, and even had an affair with Shah Rukh Khan, her cover photo of Maxim India and a twitter battle with comedian Tanmay Bhat.
- She still maintains her ‘Single Status’ these days.
Priyanka’s statement on her Bollywood journey was…
“I got into the movies by accident. When I got an offer, I thought let’s try this too. Everything in my life has happened by trial and error. I didn’t even think I would win the Miss India title so where’s the question of thinking I’d come this far.”
- Priyanka’s career started with a debut Tamil film Thamizhan in 2002. Further, she stepped into bollywood and worked in the movie The Hero: Love Story of a Spy, in 2003.
- Then a year later, she achieved an award for her negative role in Aitraaz. Her acting was quite appreciated in the film.
- With so many highs and lows in Bollywood, she decided to do good quality work and entertain the audience. She worked very hard in the movies of Bollywood and gave numerous hit films throughout her career of 13 years.
- Priyanka turned singer to fulfill her father’s dream and worked with ‘In My City’ in 2012, and second single in ‘Exotic’ which was featured with Rapper Pitbull.
- In 2015, Priyanka began her career in Hollywood by starring as Alex Parrish on the ABC Drama Series ‘Quantico’. She also achieved the People’s Choice Award for amazing performance in Quantico.
- She has also starred in the Hollywood movie ‘Baywatch’ opposite the famous actors Dwayne Johnson and Zac Efron, which will be released in 2017.
- Currently she is working on the sequel of series ‘Quantico 2’.
Priyanka’s best movies include Andaaz (2003); Aitraaz (2004); Mujhse Shaadi Karogi (2004); Fashion (2008); Kaminey (2009); What’s Your Rashee (2009); 7 Khoon Maaf (2011); Barfi (2012); Mary Kom (2014); Dil Dhadakne Do (2015); and Bajirao Mustani (2015)
The Fashionista of Bollywood and now Hollywood too, Priyanka Chopra has achieved many prices in her very young age. She has been constantly proving that she is the best not just in Bollywood, but also in Hollywood.
- Priyanka achieved Miss World Pageant 2000, after winning second in Femina Miss India.
- She won numerous FilmFare awards for her best acting in Bollywood and giving blockbuster films.
- The gorgeous lady was honored with the ‘National Film Award for Best Actress’ for the role in the movie ‘Fashion’.
- Her single ‘In My City’ won the ‘Best International Debut Award’ at the People’s Choice Awards India.’
- The versatile actoress Priyanka Chopra also awarded PadmaShri award by President Pranab Mukherjee at the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- She won the Favourite Actress in a TV series award at the People’s Choice Awards 2016, and she said “She was cast inQuantico because of merit and not because of her ethnicity!”
- Priyanka achieved a place in the Victoria’s Secret list of ‘What Is Sexy’.
- The Bollywood Actress became the first Bollywood Celebrity on Jimmy Fallon’s ‘Tonight Show’, and beat Jimmy in a Chicken Wings Eating Competition.
- Priyanka has been listed in the ‘100 Most Influential People in the World’ of TIME Magazine’s annual list.
- Priyanka Chopra supports several philanthropic causes related to Girl Child through her foundation ‘The Priyanka Chopra Foundation for Health and Education’.
- She has been working with UNICEF, to promote Children’s Rights and Education of Girls.
- Priyanka is also a brand ambassador of NDTV Greenathon, to support environmental charities.
- She has donated ₹5 million to build Cancer Ward in Nanawati Hospital, Mumbai.