Nargis Mohammad Fakhri is an American model and actress as well. The gorgeous diva was born on 20th October, 1979 in Queens, New York, US. She is fascinated by Kathak Dance form. She is half Czech-half Pakistani, thus she considers herself as a ‘Global Citizen’.
- Height: 5’7”
- Weight: 53 Kg
- Figure Measurement: 34-24-35
Education & Family
About her education, Nargis said:
“I did go to school, and funded my education. I did a BA with a major in fine arts and a minor in psychology. I wanted to become a teacher or do art therapy for the elderly. But then I realized I wanted to travel instead.”
- Nargis is a graduate and she achieved a degree at the Queens College of the City University of New York.
- She learnt Hindi and took acting classes for a couple of months.
- Nargis’s father, Mohammad Fakhri was a businessman and her mother Marie Fakhri, who is a former police officer. Her parents got divorced when Nargis was 6.
- She has a younger sister Alisha Fakhri.
- According to her statements, she grew up in the Projects in Queens and they were really poor.
She said: ‘When I was 12, my mum put us in a summer camp meant for children from low-income families. We had to live in tents, fetch water, cook our meals, and even dig our own toilet bowls.’
“I used to shovel snow, clean an old lady’s house, collect bottles, things that would fetch me money, and even bag groceries.”
- In early 2010, Nargis was living with her boyfriend in Copenhagen.
- After her arrival in Bollywood industry, Nargis got romantically closed with Uday Chopra, she confirmed it, but they broke off after some time.
- She said about her marriage that, “I am not into marriage. You look at all the marriages breaking down and all the people cheating on their marriages and you become cynical. Marriage is nothing but a label. Or when someone wants to have half of the assets of one’s spouse, but I have my own assets. I don’t need anyone else’s.”
- In the year of 2003, Nargis Fakhri was the first Pakistani girl who entered into the ‘America’s Next Top Model.’
- She started her career as a model in the age of 27.
- She was featured in the 2009 ‘Kingfisher Swimsuit Calender.’
- When she living in Copenhagen, Director Imtiaz Ali offered her a lead role in the film ‘Rockstar’.
- Then she arrived in India to make her debut film in 2011.
- She has worked on several Hindi, Tamil and English films after that.
- She has done few item songs in the Hindi movies such as ‘Phata Poster Nikla Hero’, ‘Kick’ and the Tamil film ‘Saagasam’.
- Also she was invited on the Board of Advisers for the Mindshare Ventures Group.
- She advises Hollybood and Bollywood entertainment related business.
Nargis’s Filmography include Rockstar (2011); Madras Café (2013); Main Tera Hero (2014); Spy (2015)l Azhar (2016); Housefull 3 (2016); Dhishoom (2016); Banjo (2016); and 5 Weddings (Upcoming in 2017).
Nargis’s Diet & Beauty Secrets
Nargis looks simply gorgeous even without makeup. Her skin naturally glows and her beauty is flawless.
- She uses fresh milk to cleanse and moisturize the skin.
- To remove makeup, she uses pressed olive oil.
- She uses face mask to remove all the dirt and impurities too.
- She uses good moisturizer to moisturize and hydrated body.
Nargis follows stick diet plan to keep herself healthy and beautiful.
- She loves to eat fresh vegetables, eggs and bananas.
- She mostly avoids sugary food. for quick energy, she prefers eggs or bananas.
- She believes in eating right and drinking lot of water.
- During the day, when she gets hungry, she use to eat almonds, walnuts, bananas, orange or dark chocolates.
- She prefers home cooked food because she believes it is made with love.
Nargis’s Fitness Secrets
- A sizzling hot Nargis manages to look amazing with workout routines.
- She loves to do Zumba, Yoga, Stretching, meditation and treadmill.
She says: “Being fit is not just about working out and looking good, it’s also about having a positive attitude, making the right fitness choices and participating in activities one enjoys. I love to dance, so whenever I get free time, I play my favorite songs and bust a move or two. Apart from yoga, some other forms of exercise that I have tried are CrossFit, Zumba and swimming, and will add a few more to the list this year. I always feel that such activities are more convenient and fun, rather than traditional gymming.”