The famous Bollywood actress, Kareena Kapoor Khan, was born on 21st September, 1980, in Mumbai. She is the fourth generation of the legendary Kapoor Family of the Bollywood Industry. A Kapoor girl is best known for her nick name ‘Bebo’. She is now married to an actor Saif Ali Khan, a son of popular actress Sharmila Tagore and Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi.
- Height: 5’5”
- Weight: 57 Kg
- Figure Measurement: 35-27-34
Family & Education
- Kareena is a daughter of famous actor Randhir Kapoor and popular actress Babita.
- She is a younger sister to bollywood actress Karisma Kapoor.
- Kareena is a paternal granddaughter of actor and filmmaker Raj Kapoor, and Maternal granddaughter of actor Hari Sivdasani.
- Due to her family tradition, not to work in the film industry, her father opposed to fulfil her dream of acting. This matter led to a separation from her father.
- Both the Kapoor girls were raised by her mother Babita for seven years, and made their career in Bollywood industry.
- Then, after few years, her mother and father reconciled, she stated: “My father is also an important factor in my life. Although we did not see him often in our initial years, we are a family now.”
Kareena wasn’t inclined to academics, and she describes herself as “A very naughty and spoilt child”. Though she received great marks and primarily satisfied her mother.
- Kareena attended Jamnabai Narsee School, in Mumbai.
- Then she went to Dehradun, to study in Welham Girls’ School.
- After graduating in Welham, she studied commerce in Mithibai College in Mumbai.
- After that, she joined 3 months summer course in Microcomputers at Harvard University, in the US.
- She also enrolled at the Government Law College, in Mumbai, to pursue her interest in Law.
- And finally, after completing her first year in Law College, she began training atan acting institute of Kishore Namit Kapoor, a member of the Film and Television Institute of India.
Kareena Kapoor’s exposure to the films at a very young age inspired her to get into film industry. She got the opportunity to work with Hrithik Roshan in his father’s production film, Kaho Naa…Pyar Hai. But she abandoned the film after several days of filming.
- Later, Kareena started her career with her debut film Refugee, alongside Abhishek Bachchan. She got the Filmfare Award for her best performance as a debut female actress.
- After her success of the debut film, she worked on a several films and became one of the highly paid actresses in Bollywood.
- For her film Tashan, Kareena went for size zero, and it became a trend among girls in the country.
- The leading actress of the Hindi Cinema kept performing in numerous projects with challenging roles and characters.
- Kareena has contributed in numbers of blockbuster movies so far.
Kareena Kapoor has not fallen into so many random relationships. Now, better known as Kareena Kapoor Khan is having a settled life with her husband Saif Ali Khan, and she is expecting her first child in December.
- Earlier, Kareena Kapoor had been linked up with Hrithik Roshan as well as Fardeen Khan.
- Later, an actor Shahid Kapoor came into her life, and they both were going strong for quite some time. Kareena became vegetarian and began making some changes to personality and lifestyle to suit Shahid.
- On the beginning of the film Tashan, things between two love birds went wrong. And they relationship came to an end; the breakup reason is still a mystery.
- Kareena and Nawab Saif, both fell for each other on the shooting of the film Tashan, in Ladakh.
- After five years of their strong relationships, they tied a knot on 16th October, 2012. The fans fondly call them ‘Saifeena’. And they are living a happy life together.
- Kareena has a very strong bond with both kids from Saif and his former wife Amrita. As her statement was: “We’re like best friends. Saif refuses to come out with us. She’s my bar hopping partner. I enjoy my equation with her. They are the best brought up children.”
- She says: “Today I am a wife and all my life I will work and earn money and my husband will support. That is the only condition (on which) I married Saif,”
- Now that she is expecting a baby, she has become a style icon in the fashion industry of moms-to-be.
- Kareena’s best friends in B town are Amrita Arora, Karan Johar, Isha Deol, Manish Malhotra and Ileana D’Cruz, apart from her sister Karisma Kapoor.
Kareena’s Best Movies include Refugee (2000); Asoka (2001); Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham (2001); Chameli (2003); Dev (2004); Omkara (2006); Jab we Met (2007); Kurbaan (2009); 3 Idiots (2009); Golmaal 3 (2010); Bodyguard (2011); Ra-One (2011); Heroine (2012); Bajrangi Bhaijaan (2015); Udta Punjab (2016); and Ki & Ka (2016)
- Kareena Kapoor Khan is fond of cooking, reading and horse riding.
- On 27th October, 2011, her Wax Statue was unveiled at Madame Tussauds Museum in UK.
- Kareena also established a career as a designer as well as author.
- She is the first Indian Actress to launch her own line of clothing for women, during her five years association with retail chain Globus.
- She also collaborated on the books such as ‘Don’t Lose Your Mind, Lose Your Weight’ and ‘Women and The Weight Loss Tamasha’.
- A stunning Diva released her autobiographical memoir:‘The Style Diary of a Bollywood Diva’, which was co-authored alongside Rochelle Pinto.
- Later, she also collaborated with Diwekar, on‘The Indian Food Wisdom and The Art of Eating Right’, a documentary film about nutrition.