One of the hottest girls of Bollywood and also a former Miss Sri Lanka, Jacqueline Fernandez was born on 11th August 1985, in Manama, Bahrain. An actress and a former Model, has established herself as a promising Bollywood actress. Her fans call her as ‘Jacky’. Dancing, swimming, travelling and gymnastics are her hobbies.
Weight: 56 Kg
Body Figure: 34-25-35
Family & Education
Jacqueline has a close bond with her family. As she lives far from her family, she misses them too much. She says: “I miss them so much every day. You don’t realize when you live away from home how difficult life can be… At the same time, staying away from them has taught me to be more responsible. It has taught me so many things about myself, about priorities and time management.”
- Raised in multi ethnic family, Jacqueline’s father, Elroy is Sri Lankan and her mother, Kim is Malaysian.
- She is the youngest child in her siblings. She has two elder brothers and an elder sister.
- Her hometown is in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Jacky received her early education in Behrain.
- After that, she got scholarship and pursued a degree in mass communication from the University of Sydney in Australia.
- After her graduation, she worked as a television reporter in Sri Lanka.
- She attended the Berlitz School of Languages to learn Spanish, French and Arabic.
- In 2009, she visited India for her modeling assignment, and in India, she studied acting the theatre director Barry John.
- When Jacqueline was just 14 years old, she was the anchor of Lanka Business Report.
- She wrote for The Daily Mirror as well.
- In 2006, she was crowned the Miss Sri Lanka for Miss Universe 2006.
- She has done modeling assignments in India.
- After that, she gave auditions and was selected for a role in Bollywood movie ‘Aladin’ (2009), directed by Sujoy Ghosh, featured with actors Amitabh Bachchan, Sanjay Dutt and Riteish Deshmukh.
- Her first film was successful and she appeared in many films after that.
- Jacqueline has done a lead role in upcoming Hollywood movie ‘Definition of Fear’. It will be released in 2017.
- She has worked in the Sri Lankan film ‘According to Mathew’, which has not released yet.
- Apart from the films, she is judging the popular dance show ‘Jhalak Dikhlaja Jaa’ on Colors channel.
Her filmography include Aladin (2009); Jaane Kahan Se Aayi Hai (2010); Houseful (2010); Murder 2 (2011); Housefull 2 (2012); Race 2 (2013); Kick (2014); Bangistan (2014); Roy (2015); Brothers (2015); Housefull 3 (2016); Dishoom (2016); and Flying Jatt (2016). And her upcoming films are Reloaded; Definition of Fear; and According to Mathew.
Jacqueline is very much single these days, and don’t want to be in any relationships, according to her. She wants to focus on her career as she acknowledged.
- Firstly she was in a relationship with Bahraini Prince Hassan Bin Rashid Al Khalifa, in 2008. She dumped him after he released a music album named ‘Jackie’, in 2011.
- While shooting of the film ‘Housefull 2’, she got romantically closed with the director Sajid Khan. Rumors were that they would get married as well. But, their relationship ended in 2013.
- Jacqueline is an active supporter of PETA, a famous NGO. Even, she turned vegetarian after joining it.
- She also runs an NGO in her country Sri Lanka, for uplifting the downtrodden in the country.
- She was a part of ‘Jacqueline Builds’ campaign and raised funds for the South Indian Flood 2015 victims.
- She has bought an island off the south coast of Sri Lanka.
- She owns her restaurant in collaboration with Chef Dharshan Munidasa, in Colombo.